XENTAURIX® Broadcast Logger (XBL) Silverlight® Edition
The XBL-Broadcast Logger of the latest generation are only available in the Silverlight Edition. The Silverlight Edition enables exceptionally user-friendly, interactive operation in an appealing design with user-defined interfaces. Existing logger systems with PHP query can be upraded via software upgrade.
The user interface is designed for easy and intuitive operation. Layouts can be individually designed by the user simply via “drag and drop”. The individual designs can be saved as user-presets either locally or on the XBL main server. By default, the system already includes four different layout presets.
The Broadcast Logger includes a multiscreen layout which can be individually configured by the user (e.g. number and size of the individual TV screens). With this multiscreen layout, an array of live and/or time-shifted TV channels can be monitored. Split-second accurate starting points can be set with the calendar.
View live or add a Calendar-Tool to analyze and compare recorded broadcasts.
Viewing statistics (TV ratings)
With the X-Rating Chart, you have a module at your disposal with which viewer quotas can be analyzed in the form of a chart displayed together with live or “on demand” TV programs. TV-quota data can be imported and edited from GFK, AGF or Nielsen, and then stored in the XBL master unit’s database in sync with the broadcast(s). (TV quota data access must be directly ordered by the customer.)
Search in Metadata
If you want to search recorded content by metadata such as EPG, subtitles or even speech-to-text add the new Display and Search Interface.
When the cursor is placed over a section of the targeted content, a small popup window shows a preview. If you want to see a broadcast recording, just click on it. To capture targeted content, just mark the selection and drag and drop it over to the playlist tool. This makes it available for either immediate or later playback. Additional information in the form of bookmarks can be added to the individual programs. These bookmarks can also be used as jump-markers since they also store the time code.
With the Clipmaker, video clips can be created in a variety of ways within seconds.
- Simply drag and drop program titles from the metadata display into the Clipmaker
- Accept the start and end points of the selected program or correct them and create a new clip
- Clips can also be created directly from the playlist
Clips can be exported immediately or placed in the playlist for later combination into a single clip. Clips are normally stored as WM9/VC-1 files. With the optionally available transcoder, they can automatically be converted to other video formats such as flash, Quicktime, 3G with customer-defined characteristics.
The Storyboard is a powerful tool for working with broadcast content, as it offers the possibility to view small previews and post-views of the content while viewing broadcasts. If the time span shown within the module is not enough, it is possible to switch to a full screen-view, where several more previews and post-views are displayed.
If you need an overview of the EPG-Program information, you can blend in the EPG-Overview. Even better, you can filter and search within the data. Have your own intelligent TV-Magazine at hand if you
Additional tools you can add to your individually designed desktop include playback, calendar, metadata, metadata information, metadata editor, graph data, subtitles, Clipmaker, playback list, clips, and storyboard.
Try the user interface yourself and be convinced!
Backend / Configuration
The well-structured administration and configuration backend can be optically and functionally adjusted to the system's architecture. Additionally, the system's administration is simplified by the improved status display of the modules. All physical and virtual modules are arranged as they are installed. Select a module, and by a double-click you enter the next configuration level. Operation of the system is intuitive and almost self-explanatory.
Embedding the Microsoft® Expression® Encoder enables you to use new technologies like Smooth Streaming and to process the encodable contents in the H.264 standard.
Silverlight® Edition - Highlights
- Support of the most common browsers with Silverlight under Windows or Macs
- Highly modern, well-arranged and user-friendly interface through new graphic elements
- Individual adjustments of the interface through drag & drop
- Selection of four pre-defined interface designs
- Easy creation of a personalized player design
- Simultaneous display and synchronous replay of selected channels and video clips via calendar function (multi-view)
- Time-shifted replay of live signals
- Fast and simple embedding and configuration of new signal sources with setup wizard
- Functionality for search, filtration and grouping on the administration level
- Display of system's status (CPU, hard disk storage capacity)
- Alarm for system failure in the system overview
- Signal evaluation of live and recorded signals on the administration level
- Alarm management with text/email messenger, system status display
- Multilingual: G, GB, further languages and font characters can easily be adapted
Advantages and Benefits
- Investment for the future, state-of-the-art technology
- No installation - browser application for player and administration
- Multi-use: you can arrange the player desktop to your needs
- Powerful search functions for metadata
- Speech-to-text search functions as an add-on
- Fast and easy Clipping functions
- Easy and fast to extend
- Clear and rational administration